Saturday, August 25th – MegaFair @ Millett Hall 1:00-4:00pm
- SPJ will have a booth this year! More details to come.
Thursday-Saturday, September 20-22 – Excellence in Journalism 2012
- SPJ’s national conference will be held in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida this year! Three days of networking, workshops, cool opportunities, and meeting new people! Registration is $145 for student members until August 28th, and then it goes to $195. Check out EIJ’s website for details!
Monday, September 24th – Jerry Springer @ Hall Auditorium 8:00pm
- In addition to being a talk show host, Springer is also a politician, lawyer, award-winning newscaster, recording artist, international Emcee, movie star, TV personality, Broadway actor, and talk-radio broadcaster. Read more about his career here.
Wednesday. September 26th – Webinar with Sharif Kouddous @ 1:30pm in 200 Alumni
Monday, October 15th – #Voting: Social Media and the 2012 Election @ Hall Auditorium 8:00pm
- Sam Graham-Felsen and Becki Donatelli will discuss how social media is changing election procedures, focusing on how they will affect the 2012 election. Graham-Felsen is a strategic adviser and member of President Obama’s online campaign team; Donatelli is a consultant on American political and public affairs. Find out more here.
Monday, October 15th – David Satter, Russia and the Communist Past @ 111 Harrison Hall 5:00pm
- David Satter is a long time writer on Russia and the Soviet Union. He is a senior fellow at the Hudson Institute and a fellow of the Foreign Policy Institute of the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies. He is a former Moscow correspondent and has written books about the decline and fall of the Soviet Union and the rise of post-Soviet Russia.
Monday, October 29th – Bill Keller @ TBD 4:00pm
- Bill Keller is the immediate past executive editor of The New York Times and will be holding a Q&A style discussion. More details to come.
Monday, January 28th – Krista Tippett on Being: Spirituality in Modern Times @ Hall Auditorium 8:00pm
- Peabody Award winning broadcaster Krista Tippett was The New York Times’ stringer in Berlin and has also reported for Newsweek, The International Herald Tribune, the BBC, and Die Zeit. Find out more here.
*More events to come!