See full contest information below:
The annual Miami University SPJ Excellence in Journalism competition recognizes the best published or aired work of Miami journalism students, as judged by a committee of outside area journalists.
- Best Single Works: Includes any single journalistic work for any on- or off-campus media.
- Best Portfolios: Includes divisions for student-run media; on- or off-campus internships; or digital (including audio, video, photography and online pieces. Portfolio submissions should include six samples in a single division.
- Entries must have been published or aired from summer 2010 to the contest deadline date.
- Each entry must have a separate entry form. (This form may be copied.)
- Students may submit up to six entries for one $8 fee. (Cash or checks payable to “Miami SPJ.”)
- No entry may be submitted in more than one “single-work” category. Entries may, however, be simultaneously entered as a “single work” and part of a “portfolio.”
- Print entries should be submitted as tearsheets or photocopies. Broadcast entries should be on CD or other media. Web entries require only a URL address.
All entries should be submitted to the mailbox of Patricia Gallagher Newberry, MU-SPJ chapter adviser, Journalism Program office, Bachelor Hall 260, by 5 p.m. April 8, 2011.
Winners will be announced at the Journalism Program’s annual Student Recognition Ceremony at 4 p.m., April 28, 2011, in the MacMillan Great Room. Winners will also be recognized on the Journalism listserv.
Fill out the entry form here and turn into the Journalism Office in Bachelor 260 by 5 p.m. April 8, 2011.
Contest open to all campus and off-campus journalism produced by Miami students